Launceston is Tasmania’s second-largest city and a vibrant hub for food and wine, culture, and nature, and the Cataract Gorge is just minutes from the city centre.
Minimum two guests
Cataract Gorge Twilight Tour from Launceston, Tasmania
Our Launceston Cataract Gorge twilight walking tour is a unique wildlife and local history educational tour. This two and a half hour tour is designed to educate you and allow you to enjoy the opportunity to observe the native animals.
Visit the famous Launceston Cataract Gorge and wander amongst the native wildlife as they come out at night and use an infra-red camera and table tablets to observe their antics. Enjoy a cheese platter near the end of the tour and a cool beverage.
The walk follows a Grade 2 walking track, and no bushwalking experience is required. The track has hardened and compacted surfaces that have gentle hill sections and occasional steps.
- Meet at Kings Bridge Bar & Restaurant, 147 Paterson St, Launceston one hour prior to dusk.
- Meander around selected tracks, stopping and learning about the history of the Cataract Gorge and its wildlife.
- Complete the tour by indulging in a Tasmanian cheese platter and a local cider, beer or juice.
- Return to your accommodation with fond memories.
- Bookings must be made before 11:00 for any tour day to ensure catering is available.
- Minimum of two guests for tour to operate.
- Sunset times – please enter date to confirm sunset time and the tour starts one hour beforehand.
- FAQ & Fees